Worried about “which brand is best for ceiling fans”? It is a common query every individual has when the issue is purchasing ceiling fans. There is an infinite number of ceiling fans available in the market. The most common appliance found in almost every house is a fan. Normally, fans are of three types- wall-mounted, ceiling fan, and standalone fans or table fans. Even though all types of fans are in demand, ceiling fans are demanded the most. However, the main purpose of installing a ceiling fan is to make the room cool. It can also be considered a decorative item depending on the fan’s look. Choice of the best ceiling fan can be made on the features it provides.
What are the features to look for in a ceiling fan?
- Type: The type of fan-selected should be a ceiling fan that can be easily installed on the room’s ceiling.
- Blades: Normally, ceiling fans will have 3 or 5 blades. The number of blades depends on the customer’s taste and preference.
- Size of the fan: The size of the fan depends on the room size. If the room is very big, then the installation of two small fans will be a good choice. A single big fan installed in the centre of the room will also serve the purpose.
- Size of the blade: The blades sizes available in the market ranges between 600(24”) to 1400 (56”) mm blade length. Normally, the blade size depends on the room specification. If the room size is 50 sq. ft, then a blade ranging between 600 and 900mm will serve the purpose. Similarly, for 75 sqft. room size- 900-1050 mm; 75-160 sqft.- 1200mm blade size; and for 160-250 sqft. 1400mm will be sufficient.
- Speed settings: The fan should have a regulator that controls the speed of the rotations. The higher the number, the higher the speed. Usually, the settings in a regulator will be 4-5.
- RPM: RPM stands for revolutions per minute. It represents the number of turns the fan takes in one minute. RPM is considered a unit that states the frequency of rotation or rotational speed. Normally, the standard fan of 1200 mm runs at an RPM of 300/350 and 380/390 RPM in the case of high-speed fans.
- Power consumption: This refers to the power consumed by the fan’s motor.
- Warranty: This is a guarantee given by the manufacturer (to replace or repair the fan free of cost) in case of any technical problem. Some manufacturers give a warranty on specific parts of the fan only.
What are the factors to be considered for selecting the best brand?
The ceiling fan market has an infinite number of brands. Selection of the best brand mainly depends on a budget of the individual, highest RPM, lightweight, low power consumption, and look of the fan.
Conclusion: The main purpose of a best ceiling fan is to make the room cool. It is an investment and is meant for a long duration. So, the appliance selection should be made keeping the budget in mind.